Saturday, October 11, 2008

One year ago I took photos of this cemetery for Find A Grave...


Hi- Tonight I was reviewing some of my cemetery photos for my blog. I realised that it has been one year since my daughter and I took photos of the Pioneer Catholic Cemetery of Saint Anthony of Padua, established 1879. The weather was about the same as it is today, cold and damp.

The brief history of the cemetery is that the site is 1.4 acres donated by once parishioners and the Archbishop F. W. Blanchet. On the site, the church and school once stood. The final service in the church was held in 1916.

Joseph Murray who is buried on the property where he once attended the school and church. Other family members of Joseph are also buried at the cemetery.

This pioneer cemetery can be found on S. W. Murray Blvd. in Beaverton, Washington Co., Ore. The location is not far from HWY 26.

Craig.

0 comments: